The Difference between Dry Grinding and Wet Grinding of a Ball Grinder
Dry grinding and wet grinding are related to material properties, such as reactivity to grinding media. When grinding, attention should be paid to the choice of abrasive body and the ratio of material to ball. Wet grinding efficiency is higher, but energy consumption is larger.
Ball grinding is divided into dry grinding and wet grinding. Wet grinding is the most commonly used method, with high efficiency and uniform particle size. In the ball milling process, the large particles will crack under the action of grinding and impact of the ball milling medium, and the crack growth will break into small particles, that is, the so-called fine grinding process. If it is dry grinding, the cracks formed during the process of ball milling are likely to be squeezed and closed due to the extrusion between particles. Cracks cannot expand effectively, and large particles cannot break rapidly and form small particles. But if it is wet grinding, the liquid ball milling medium (water or anhydrous ethanol, etc.) will enter into a crack, blocking the closure of the crack and thus effectively expanding the crack rapidly. This will greatly improve the efficiency of ball grinding. For dry grinding, it is generally aimed at materials that are not reacted in liquid medium. If there is a reaction, then other substances will be formed in ball grinding. Then ball grinding is meaningless. For example, cement cannot be milled in water. At the same time, when dry grinding, because of the design of ball milling tank, sometimes there will be a dead angle. In the corner of the dead part of the material is not ground. But wet grinding is also a weakness for dry grinding, that is, after wet grinding, the powder must be dried to remove moisture or other liquid medium, which will increase energy consumption and cost.
- May 14, 20191. The design of vertical rolling mill should meet the following requirements: the selection of parameters and structures should be reasonable. In structural design, we must consider whether the seal ...view
- July 19, 2018The three grade granite commonly used in the granite crushing production line is the igneous rock congealed by the magma below the surface. It belongs to deep intrusive rocks and mainly exists in mine...view
- February 21, 2019In the jaw crusher structure, wear often occurs, especially in the lower 1/3, the wear situation is more prominent. The wear of the dynamic and static frontal plates can cause the crusher to fail to o...view
- January 11, 2019Raymond mill has excellent performance and quality. Raymond mill has excellent performance and quality. In the use of Raymond mill, problems inevitably arise. So, what should users do when they encoun...view
- April 25, 2019The wet grinding ball mill is the key equipment for crushing materials after they are crushed. In China's mineral processing industry, wet grinding ball mill is widely used, so it is very important to...view
- July 19, 2018Product features(1) Bricks of different strength can be produced according to the requirements of engineering construction.(2) Bricks of different specifications can be determined according to the req...view