The Difference between Dry Grinding and Wet Grinding of a Ball Grinder
Dry grinding and wet grinding are related to material properties, such as reactivity to grinding media. When grinding, attention should be paid to the choice of abrasive body and the ratio of material to ball. Wet grinding efficiency is higher, but energy consumption is larger.
Ball grinding is divided into dry grinding and wet grinding. Wet grinding is the most commonly used method, with high efficiency and uniform particle size. In the ball milling process, the large particles will crack under the action of grinding and impact of the ball milling medium, and the crack growth will break into small particles, that is, the so-called fine grinding process. If it is dry grinding, the cracks formed during the process of ball milling are likely to be squeezed and closed due to the extrusion between particles. Cracks cannot expand effectively, and large particles cannot break rapidly and form small particles. But if it is wet grinding, the liquid ball milling medium (water or anhydrous ethanol, etc.) will enter into a crack, blocking the closure of the crack and thus effectively expanding the crack rapidly. This will greatly improve the efficiency of ball grinding. For dry grinding, it is generally aimed at materials that are not reacted in liquid medium. If there is a reaction, then other substances will be formed in ball grinding. Then ball grinding is meaningless. For example, cement cannot be milled in water. At the same time, when dry grinding, because of the design of ball milling tank, sometimes there will be a dead angle. In the corner of the dead part of the material is not ground. But wet grinding is also a weakness for dry grinding, that is, after wet grinding, the powder must be dried to remove moisture or other liquid medium, which will increase energy consumption and cost.
- April 25, 2019Wet grinding ball mill is an indispensable grinding equipment for mineral processing in mines. It is mainly used for grinding crushed materials. The wet grinding ball mill has a horizontal rotary cyli...view
- April 25, 2019The svedala jaw crusher has the characteristics of large crushing ratio, uniform product size, simple structure, reliable operation, simple maintenance and economical operation cost. The svedala jaw c...view
- April 16, 2019The eccentric shaft is the main part of jaw crusher. The moving jaw moves reciprocating under the eccentric force of the eccentric shaft. Eccentric shaft has to bear tremendous crushing force and work...view
- April 25, 2019The grinding ball mill equipment can be divided into two types: a wet grinding ball mill and a dry grinding ball mill. What are the characteristics of the two grinding ball mills?Generally, dry grindi...view
- May 23, 2019The ceramic material is ground to a specified particle size in a ball mill apparatus as a result of the impact of the mill body on impact collision and grinding. However, the grinding process of the c...view
- February 21, 2019Energy-saving has become the main direction of the development of grinding industry, and various manufacturers have produced energy-saving grinding equipment. The following is a summary of the six maj...view