The Difference between Dry Grinding and Wet Grinding of a Ball Grinder
Dry grinding and wet grinding are related to material properties, such as reactivity to grinding media. When grinding, attention should be paid to the choice of abrasive body and the ratio of material to ball. Wet grinding efficiency is higher, but energy consumption is larger.
Ball grinding is divided into dry grinding and wet grinding. Wet grinding is the most commonly used method, with high efficiency and uniform particle size. In the ball milling process, the large particles will crack under the action of grinding and impact of the ball milling medium, and the crack growth will break into small particles, that is, the so-called fine grinding process. If it is dry grinding, the cracks formed during the process of ball milling are likely to be squeezed and closed due to the extrusion between particles. Cracks cannot expand effectively, and large particles cannot break rapidly and form small particles. But if it is wet grinding, the liquid ball milling medium (water or anhydrous ethanol, etc.) will enter into a crack, blocking the closure of the crack and thus effectively expanding the crack rapidly. This will greatly improve the efficiency of ball grinding. For dry grinding, it is generally aimed at materials that are not reacted in liquid medium. If there is a reaction, then other substances will be formed in ball grinding. Then ball grinding is meaningless. For example, cement cannot be milled in water. At the same time, when dry grinding, because of the design of ball milling tank, sometimes there will be a dead angle. In the corner of the dead part of the material is not ground. But wet grinding is also a weakness for dry grinding, that is, after wet grinding, the powder must be dried to remove moisture or other liquid medium, which will increase energy consumption and cost.
- February 21, 2019In recent years, the role of fine crusher in cement, grinding and desulfurization has become increasingly prominent. It is noteworthy that in the process of fine crushing, every part of the fine crush...view
- April 25, 2019Wet energy-saving ball mill equipment is a high-efficiency energy-saving ball mill with rolling bearing movement produced by Guilin Mining Machinery Co., Ltd. Its maximum processing capacity can reach...view
- April 25, 2019Wet grinding ball mill is a necessary equipment for every concentrator. It mainly undertakes the crushing of materials to meet the granularity requirement of downward sequence process. At present, the...view
- April 25, 2019Guilin Mining Machinery Co., Ltd. teaches you how to choose high quality quick lime slakers. What kind of quick lime slakers should be chosen to last longer. It is as follows:The main characteristic o...view
- April 25, 2019The primary jaw crusher is a kind of crushing equipment with high efficiency and energy saving. It is mainly used for crushing various ores and bulk materials with medium particle size. It can crush m...view
- May 14, 2019Precautions for operation of crushing hammer(1) When using the crushing hammer, first check whether the high-pressure or low-pressure tubing of the crushing hammer is loose; At the same time, for the ...view