The Difference between Dry Grinding and Wet Grinding of a Ball Grinder
Dry grinding and wet grinding are related to material properties, such as reactivity to grinding media. When grinding, attention should be paid to the choice of abrasive body and the ratio of material to ball. Wet grinding efficiency is higher, but energy consumption is larger.
Ball grinding is divided into dry grinding and wet grinding. Wet grinding is the most commonly used method, with high efficiency and uniform particle size. In the ball milling process, the large particles will crack under the action of grinding and impact of the ball milling medium, and the crack growth will break into small particles, that is, the so-called fine grinding process. If it is dry grinding, the cracks formed during the process of ball milling are likely to be squeezed and closed due to the extrusion between particles. Cracks cannot expand effectively, and large particles cannot break rapidly and form small particles. But if it is wet grinding, the liquid ball milling medium (water or anhydrous ethanol, etc.) will enter into a crack, blocking the closure of the crack and thus effectively expanding the crack rapidly. This will greatly improve the efficiency of ball grinding. For dry grinding, it is generally aimed at materials that are not reacted in liquid medium. If there is a reaction, then other substances will be formed in ball grinding. Then ball grinding is meaningless. For example, cement cannot be milled in water. At the same time, when dry grinding, because of the design of ball milling tank, sometimes there will be a dead angle. In the corner of the dead part of the material is not ground. But wet grinding is also a weakness for dry grinding, that is, after wet grinding, the powder must be dried to remove moisture or other liquid medium, which will increase energy consumption and cost.
- May 14, 2019Ramon coal mill is mainly composed of main engine, analysis machine, blower, cyclone separator, pipeline device and motor. The main machine consists of frame, air inlet volute, scraper, grinding rolle...view
- April 25, 2019The svedala jaw crusher has the characteristics of large crushing ratio, uniform product size, simple structure, reliable operation, simple maintenance and economical operation cost. The svedala jaw c...view
- July 19, 2018The main part of the ball mill is a rotary cylinder mounted on two large bearings and horizontally placed. The barrel is divided into several compartments by a partition board, and a certain shape and...view
- April 8, 2020Pendulum grinder belongs to disc fixed grinder, which has high versatility. It also has the characteristics of continuous dry powder, concentrated particle size, fine continuous fineness and dense str...view
- May 23, 2019Raymond mill is a device commonly used in the field of non-metallic mineral grinding. In the field of limestone, the equipment has high application value and has won the support and likes of many cust...view
- May 14, 2019The structure of high pressure roller millThe structure of high pressure roller mill is various, but its principle is basically similar. The roller press is mainly composed of feeding device, material...view